Leave a Lasting Mark
You have probably heard that, "There is only so much you can promote your business." Well, it's not true. You might have an allotted amount for the promotion for your business, but that doesn't mean it has to stop after a certain time.
Of course, your first priority would be to advertize your business through web, television, print media, or any other type of media. But you have to remember that those come with a limited life. Out of sight, out of mind right?
At that point you want something that has a longer lasting life, keeps the name of your business almost always in sight and therefore always on mind. And at that point you realize you just have to use promotional products.
Why they are the perfect solution?
1. How can you forget something that is always staring you in the face? Items like mugs, pens, drink ware, etc. sit atop a desk for a long time. Items displaying the name or logo of your business will always be at the forethought of your customers. Customers in need of certain services need only look at those items and remember that your business provides those services. And voila! You have more business.
2. Someone else might see it too. Someone who might never have heard of your business before might see those items and find out about you. These items tend to be passed from person to person. This creates even more awareness.
3. Very economical. Should you decide to use such items for your business, you should make a budget for them and stick to it. They hardly ever go over budget. But chances are they will return your investments. And then some.
4. They go on and on. Advertisements stop, fliers fly away, billboards are taken down but these items often survive for a greater time.
5. Makes you International. Okay, it might or might not go that far. But these items are often taken on travels. And then either traded or given away. That means customers from other regions will be made aware of your business as well.
6. They make great gifts. They make great corporate gifts. Well, the high quality ones do. They do the job of promoting you and impressing any potential customer.
7. Makes your employees happy. They are not just meant to be given to your current or potential customers. They can also be easily given to your employees. This accomplishes many things.
Firstly, your employees get free stuff so they are happy. Secondly, your employees, intentionally or unintentionally, promote your business as well.
8. Create and spread goodwill. This might not be for everyone, but think about giving away low cost products at your local community. This will create goodwill for your business, attract new potential clients and leave a very good image of you in the community.